Thursday, August 23, 2007

Work by faith

Yesterday, I called my families home and my dad answered. It was a pleasure to talk to him. I had not talked to him for a long time because I had been working so hard. I was still on the doors knocking and so I could not talk long but it was still nice to talk to him. He then just out of the blue told me to work by faith. He told me of Jacob in Genesis 30 and how he made a deal with Labon (who he was working for at the time and the Lord had blessed him in abundance for Jacobs sake) that Jacob would have all the speckled and brown flocks. He told me how the Lord blessed Jacob from that time forth with the strongest speckled cattle and an abundance of them.

I am so thankful for my dad and his great inspiration. All day my mind envisioned this story and it gave me greater strength to truly work by faith. I have tried all my life to work by faith but never as hard as with this job. It is absolutely amazing how the Lord has blessed me. The day before yesterday I was so tied because of the heat that for the first time this summer I felt like calling for a ride and go somewhere and just sit for an hour or two. But instead I decided to just pray very hard and after 3 doors I got inside and sold my third door. It gave me the much needed time to rest and recuperate. I can remember on several occasions that I felt that I could not go on and I prayed in faith and was blessed in just a few doors. I have gained such a testimony of faith and the power of God in our lives if we will just qualify ourselves for his help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats really good Craig!! And see it worked you had your BEST week day ever this week. I love you so much.

Dallas Meow said...

You and your family are a wonderul inspiration to me.
I struggle wishing at times I could go back and do so many things over.
I wish I'd found the church long ago, wish I hadn't settled for marrying who I did, wish I hadn't dropped out of college....
But I have INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL children that I might not have if I hadn't first been on that path.
I love stopping here to read your posts and I pray my children will have families as strong and beautiful as yours one day.
Thanks for always sharing from your heart.