Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Why Alexa does not speak Spanish.

Amber and Kyle came to visit from Arizona and to go to conference with us (Michelle came also. On Saturday right before Priesthood Session, Lacie asked Amber why Alexa did not speak Spanish? Amber said, "Because her mom and dad does not speak Spanish." She then said, "I thought that Brown people spoke Spanish."

When my wife told that to me I about died. She is a funny girl. She has asked several questions about why she is so much darker than her and Ashlyn.

1 comment:

Dallas Meow said...

This reminds me of when my now 17 year old [he's the one bringing us to LDS] was in kindergarten. Class was studying mexico. One evening on TV he saw Linda Rondstat on Sesame Street with Elmo and Mariachi musicians. He shouted for me!
--- MOM - look, real Mexicans! ---
I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry, but took him to the mirror to look at himself and said son, there is something I need to tell you. . .

He hadn't a clue we had part Mexican ancestry.