Monday, October 16, 2006

First Daddy-Daughter Date

Two weeks ago Kiera and I went to the Purple Turtle Restaurant to grab some ice cream. While we where sitting there we noticed a Dad and his Daughter having what appeared as a date. We decided to start doing that, so we told Lacie the next morning. She was so excited for Friday. Sadly we had a ward party that Friday so we planned to go the following Friday. It seemed like she talked about it every day and her excitement continued to grow.

Friday came and Kiera took her to buy these new sandals but they were not on sale like they thought they were so she was not able to get them but instead Lacie and Alexa got butterfly Halloween costumes. I got home and we busted out the video-camera and videoed us as we left. We went to the Purple Turtle because that is where Lacie wanted to go. On the way over I thought to myself that there is no way her car seat is going to keep her in her seat because she was screaming with excitement.

At the Purple Turtle Lacie asked me, "What do we talk about, it is just you and me." I thought to myself that it is just like a real date. Luckily by the time we were done, she said, "We know what to talk about now." That made me feel good. After eating we went to the park. We had a blast. There was a tire swing that we spent the most time on. I took some pictures of her spinning and in one she was going so fast that the camera could hardly pick her up. I am glad that I had that time to spend with her and look forward to our next date.

No comments: