Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lunch picnic with family

Kiera and my girls (Lacie, Alexa, and Ashlyn) picked me up form work during my two hour lunch for a picnic. I work only 5 minutes from Provo Cannon so we went down there and parked in front of the big waterfall and ate our lunch. Kiera went to Arby's and they were offering, buy a sandwich and get one free. So Kiera got 4 different sandwiches and they were great. After we were done eating, we headed up to Aspen Grove which is a nice resort type of a place owned by the Church (I think). On our way up there we saw like 5-7 deer and I jumped out and got about 6 feet from one of them. That was the first time that the girls have seen deer that they remembered, so that was neat. There were some very nice home/cabins on the way up to Aspen Grove, and one of them was the biggest home I had ever seen and by far the nicest considering the landscape and location. Kiera stopped at Aspen Grove to go to the restroom and when she pulled in, it started to snow on us. It was very light an melted the second it hit our skin but the girls could hardly stop screaming, "It is snowing, it is snowing." Lacie did not remember snow either and so that was fun. On our way back to my work we stopped at this park that is the most beautiful we had ever seen.

Needless to saw that was one of the best lunches we as a family have had and we owe it all to Kiera. She is the best wife and mother a guy like me could ever ask for.

No comments: