Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our talks went very well

Our big day to speak in church finally came. Our church is at 9:00 am and so our day started at 6:30 am. Luckily, we bathed the girls yesterday in anticipation of today. We got dressed and out the door 30 minutes early. We got in the chapel 2nd and while the lights were still out. Kiera took Kembri to feed her and Alexa decided to go with her. I tried to study my talk while I waited, but that was not realized because Ashlyn was crazy and wanted to run all over. Also, one of the Elders started putting up chairs in the back and so I joined him. I felt that I needed to practice but felt that servicing was more important and felt that the Lord would provide if I helped. Anyway. sacrament started and come to find out we had two youth speakers and a musical number by the primary, Which should mean that I will only have about 10 Minutes, but that ended up not to be the case, Kiera gave her talk that was about 7 minutes and I was left with a full 20 minutes.

It was amazing because Sunday the 9th, I could not sleep and felt that I needed to write down my thoughts on the Birth of the Savior, without any research, just my thoughts. So I headed upstairs and ended up writing my entire talk. All I had to do was insert the scripture references and make minor changes but it was all done. The interesting thing is that when I timed what I had put together it was 16 minutes. I had figured, especially when Kiera only had about 7 minutes, that I would just cut some out. Well, the Lord knew that I would need all of that because I was left to fill 20 minutes.

I was semi-nervous for this talk because the more I practiced at home the more I got concerned. I can't express how amazing it was because from the moment I stood to speak the words just came out. I was able to bear testimony and I felt that the Spirit was there in abundance. I realized even more that I am nothing and it was all the Lord. I need to always remember that when I am on the Lords earned, I can rely on the Lord after all I can do and he will provide in the capacity that fits His will. I need to step aside and let the Lord do His work.

So here are our talks:

Craig- What the Birth of the Savior Means to Me

Kiera- The Birth of the Savior

No comments: