Saturday, December 08, 2007

We could not get home because of the snow

We went out to do some errands and went to eat at Red Robin (that is such a good place). Well we came out of the mall and it was snowing real hard. We stopped to get gas and could not get out of the gas station because the road was too steep, so we went another way and it looked ok at first until we got a few feet from the stop sign and we stopped. I had to get out and push while Kiera drove. I thought we where home free, but no. We started up the street before our street and we could not make it up. We tried another way and no luck the roads were too steep and our tires had no traction. We drove around for about 45 mins trying different routes and finally we stopped in the side of the road and decided to just walk up to our house and come get our van later. While we were getting the kids clothes on the snow plow came by us. We jumped in the car and took off, it went up the steepest hill and we were still unsure that our van would make it but thanks to our prayers we made it up the hill. Next we had to come down another very steep hill. I held the brake the entire way home, some times I had control and some times I did not. Well we made it to our house, finally but could not make it up our driveway. I got out and cleared the snow and attempted it again, but still could not get up so I put rock salt down and then was able to make it up our driveway. We are going to invest in some chains so that this will not happen again. This picture below did not turn out that good, but you can see how heavy the snow was falling. All together we must of gotten about 8-10 inches of snow. I am in the back left and Lacie, Alexa, and Ashlyn are to the right in pink but we are hard to find.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow!!! That looks like fun. I can't believe how much snow there is. Your snow pictures always look so cool. I like the falling snowflakes.