Sunday, January 14, 2007

Lacie bore her testimony for the fist time

Last week our ward split and so both wards decided not to have fast and testimony meeting that week but this week instead. So we had a great testimony meeting today because Lacie bore her testimony for the first time ever in sacrament meeting all by herself and she is only 4 (turns 5 in 9 days). She asked Kiera if she could bare her testimony and Kiera said that she could if she could do it all by herself. Lacie said that she might do it next time, and then shortly after said that she wanted to do it today. She asked me if I would take her and I said I would. Alexa was not very happy about me leaving her and when I stood to go up to the stand she cried, "No, Daddy." It made me feel good and so I took her with me (I have always wanted to take on of my kids up with me and today I had that chance). Lacie went first and the Bishop got the stepping stool out and Lacie bore a great testimony. She said, "I want to bear my testimony, I know that the Church is true and I know that the pioneers are true and the prophets. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. I was so proud of her. I bore my testimony after her.

Kiera said after church that while I was bearing my testimony Alexa would stand and peer over the railing and wave at her. Lacie was trying to ask if she could come down and sit down and Kiera thought that she was just trying to find out what she was saying. She said that it was funny.

Today was a joyous day as a father.

No comments: