Friday, January 12, 2007

Charles Henry Teal (Temple experience)

Next was an experience that I hope I never forget. I looked at my card and read the name and for some reason i debated with myself whether the first name was just Charles or if I needed to say both names, Charles Henry. I decided to say both to make sure, but when it came to say the name I got "Charles" out and then I felt a force stop mine utterance. At first I thought I just forgot the name so quickly but later realized that it was not me that stopped my utterance. I realized that Charles was with me and that he had stopped me. I felt a sudden closeness to him and for the rest of the session he was with me. I knew that he had accepted the Gospel and that he was eagerly awaiting this day. I even talked to him several times and thanked the Lord for giving me this opportunity to do the work for this man. When the prayer circle came I felt a need to be up there but decided not to unless I was needed. Interestingly enough the Lord wanted me there whether I wanted to me or not. There was a boy going through for the first time and he stood up there alone. a couple came and stood next to him with the sister on the wrong side and so they thought he had a sister next to him. There was also a sister stood by her self and so they said we needed on more brother. I was not about to let this opportunity pass me and so I literally jumped out of my seat and got up there. I had a thought that this could possibly be Charles's further wife or Kiera suggested that maybe she was going through for his wife. Either was it was neat to feel like I was a part in Charles's happiness. After the prayer we were about to got through the veil and I saw Charles's welcoming party and asked to be a part of it, but if not I was satisfied that I just had such an opportunity. I was not able to be apart of it but was happy as could be. His full name is Charles Henry Teal and he lived in 1888 in Texas. I am not sure if there is any relation to the Teals we knew in Illinois and so I will send this portion of my journal to Kevin Gladhill to give to the Teals just in case.

I want to prepare myself that I can be of help like this in the future.

No comments: