Monday, January 29, 2007

Service = Eternal Happiness

This last Saturday I went to the Temple and when I got there I realized that I forgot my recommend. I decided to park in the back of the parking lot and pray instead of going home and getting my recommend. Next to the Mt. Tipanogus Temple is an LDS Church and so I parked my car there facing the Temple. I prayed and felt to create a plan to improve and to help me not be so selfish. So I pulled out my iPaq (hand held computer) and started to plan my strategy. Here are some of the things that I decided to work on:

Putting the Lord First
Wife and family
  • Change all diapers at home
    • This was a hard one to decide to do.
  • Keep kitchen clean / 15 mins in house
    • I decided to take the kitchen as my baby and keep it clean and take pride in it.
  • Pray for patience before coming home
    • I am not a very patient person by nature and so I have to work really hard at being patient.
  • Eliminate opportunities to be selfish
  • No screaming at anyone
    • I don't really scream but I talk loud sometimes and my girls and wife think I need to work on how I talk.
Focus on my Savior
  • Read for 30 Mins (Scriptures)
  • Read for 15 Mins (Spiritual Book)
  • Always Remember Him
    • Pray continually
    • Build my relationship with my Savior
      • This will require truly communicating on a daily basis and learning about him through books but most importantly divinely.
  • Pray earnestly morning and night
    • Pray specifically for others
    • Identify one person to pray for specifically each week
  • Write in Journal each day
    • Focus on spiritual barometer
  • Magnify my calling
  • 100% Home Teaching
    • Get to Know each family and identify at least one thing to do special for each family.
  • Be strict on Weight Watchers
  • Fast every Sunday with a purpose
    • Obey the Spirit
    • Forget myself in his service
Well I have been doing these things and it is amazing the added strength and power that is given to me as I strive to truly come unto Him. I have made it my focus to serve my wive with all my energy, because if I can ease her burden than she can be happier. I also am focusing on serving my girls and making an added effort to play with them. Today has been a hard day and yet one of the happiest I have had in a long time. I remember an other occasion when I served Kiera in every way I could possibly think of for an entire week and that was the best week of my life and Kiera's too. I can bear testimony that through service we can be happier and not just happy but eternally happy. Service is the love language of heaven.

No comments: