Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Subtle testimony to my Spanish teacher (Isabella)

I had asked my teacher in email today if I could have an extension on my test due to day and she replied back with the following:

Hi Craig! I am sorry about the death in your family. My condolences to all. May his/her soul rest in peace. Of course, you get an extension for test lesson 10. Just let me know when you are ready. God Blees you and Protect you all, Dr. Pajewski


I then sent her this email:

Thank you very much. It was sad and yet there were miracles at the same time. Isabella was almost 3 years old and her friend (Jose, son of the nanny) who was her age also slipped through the back gate that was left open by one of the families workers. They found them a quarter mile down the canal. Jose was holding with one hand to this pole, there is no way he could of got hold of that pole on his own let alone be able to hold on with one hand in the strong current, someone had to have been there helping him. Then once they got him out he said that "I", that is what he called Isabella, was "in water asleep". How could he of known that she was asleep under the water? They found her at the bottom of the canal. She could not be revived and was rushed to a hospital but did not make it. The boy was rushed to the ICU and was not doing very good. He got pneumonia in his lungs and several other things as well. The Branch President (in the The Church of Latter-day Saints church he is like a pastor or a bishop) came and administered to him (gave him a blessing) and commanded him in the name Jesus Christ to be made whole. Once he finished the blessing Jose opened his eyes and the doctors could not find anything wrong with him at all. So there was tragedy and the work of the Lord mixed all together. We are just thankful for our religion that teaches us that life does not end with death and that through the power and mercy of God we will be able to be with our families after this life. i appreciate you for being understanding.

I wanted to bear my testimony about the Church but in a subtle way. I felt that this was nice and subtle but I tend to think that everything is subtle. Anyway she now knows a little bit of the Church.

No comments: