Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Perfect knowlege of our wickedness

I opened the scriptures to read before bed and I felt to flip through and stopped at Alma 55. I stated reading from verse 1 and was very impressed.

1 Now it came to pass that when Moroni had received this epistle he was more angry, because he knew that Ammoron had a perfect knowledge of his afraud; yea, he knew that Ammoron knew that it was not a just cause that had caused him to wage a war against the people of Nephi.
Let me now reword it to apply it to us. (We are told to liken all scriptures unto us).

1 Now it came to pass that when the Lord was more angry, because He knew that we had a perfect knowledge of our wickedness; yea, He knew that we knew that it was not a just cause that had caused such wickedness to come among us and to be partakers thereof.

Many times we question why so many wars are in the scriptures and I believe that there are great lessons to be learned. I also know of the great spiritual wars that are to come. The Spirit rests upon me as I testify to you of the spiritual wars which are to come for I have seen in vision the darkness and the destruction that waits this world. The Lord opened my mind and filled my soul with understanding of the wars that we will soon be called to fight in. The destruction is more real than any other battle we have ever fought in and it will require all the Strong to come forth and lead the Saints to victory. I believe that we will need and use the scriptures of war much much more as time passes and as the battle begins to intensify. Let us all move forward and resist evil, for we know the wickedness within us and we must purge out the wickedness to make room for righteousness. I have more to work on than anyone else but I give my pledge here today in the presence of my God and your God to move forward and rise to be a leader in Zion to triumph over all enemies and to be caught up to meet our Lord and Savior even Jesus Christ in the clouds and embrace him with love overfilling. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments: