Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Graditude to three pioneer boys

I just got done watching a movie part of the Church History DVD's about these three 18 year old boys and their courage that gained them eternal life, worlds without end. I sat here and cried because of their courage and thought to myself that I needed to rise to their level and live the Gospel with exactness. These three boys remind me of 2060 young stripling warriors that demonstrated like faith in their God.

Alma 53:20-21
20 And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for acourage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.
21 Yea, they were men of truth and asoberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to bwalk uprightly before him.

Alma 56:44-48, 56
44 Therefore what say ye, my sons, will ye go against them to battle?
45 And now I say unto you, my beloved brother Moroni, that never had I seen aso great bcourage, nay, not amongst all the Nephites.
46 For as I had ever called them my sons (for they were all of them very young) even so they said unto me: Father, behold our God is with us, and he will anot suffer that we should fall; then let us go forth; we would not slay our brethren if they would let us alone; therefore let us go, lest they should overpower the army of Antipus.
47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the aliberty of their bfathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their cmothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their amothers, saying: We bdo not doubt our mothers knew it.
56 But behold, to my great joy, there had anot one soul of them fallen to the earth; yea, and they had fought as if with the bstrength of God; yea, never were men known to have fought with such miraculous strength; and with such mighty power did they fall upon the Lamanites, that they did frighten them; and for this cause did the Lamanites deliver themselves up as prisoners of war.

I want to gain even a fraction of the faith of these young and valiant sons of heleman and the three pioneers. I will forever indebted to the Lord for preserving these great scriptures so that we can have their legacy and feel of their spirits.

No comments: