Sunday, February 04, 2007

Called to Assisstant Ward Clerk over welfare

The Stake President called me yesterday to setup an appointment to meet with him for my ecclesiastical endorsement for my application for BYU. We set it up for 8:30 AM on Sunday. I woke up this morning and started to get dressed when the phone rang. It was my wards executive secretary and he said that the Stake President wanted to meet with me and my wife and he apologized for the short notice. I looked at the clock and it was 8:10 and everyone was in pj's and Lacie still was asleep. We try not to wake that girl because she is so cranky if she wakes up before 8:45ish. We made record time by having the whole family dressed in Sunday clothes all hair done and in the car by 8:25. Yes, we are good. :-) Anyway, we got there and I got my endorsement and then was called to be the Assistant Ward Clerk over welfare. He was saying that I would be over fast offerings but that is not the case. I meet with the Bishop after Church and he had to do some setting-aparts first and he invited me to join him in the circle which was very neat. We did 4 and then where able to sit down to talk about what my calling was all about. Come to find out that I will be assisting him in helping those that come to him for need. He said that he wants me to organize him in this area and to create the process for helping those in need of help from the ward and mainly financially. I will be their financial counselors and help them to change their circumstances for the better. This is a little scary for me because I do not feel that I am perfect in this area and probably as far from perfect as they come. But one thing that Kiera and I have had is help from on High in many circumstances which I feel in part qualifies me for this position. I feel that the spiritual is much more connected to the physical and that is the key to changing ones path to that of self sufficiency. I have a lot to pray about to create the process and know how to magnify this calling but I am very excited to serve and to grow in this capacity. Even though I am growing in nursery so much right now, it will be good to expand that growth even more.

One thing that is exciting is that the Bishop wants me to attend all the P.E.C meetings and some bishopric meetings because I will be dealing with the people that they will be talking about.

No comments: