Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Interview at the last minute

Yesterday I went up to Jeff's Office, HR Manager @ Prosper, to fax the last of my application for BYU. While I was there I asked him if he had heard anything about the position (Mark Butler's position, Sales Operations Manager, since he stepped down to Team lead, and I reported to Mark in a way since I am working part time selling and part time with Sales Operation). Jeff asked me if I had applied and I told him not yet since it did not close till March 5th. Jeff said that it closed last Friday. Anyway he gave me an internal application to try and apply for it. I went down to fill it out and call Kiera to see if she wanted me to apply for it since we had decided to do Security Sales over the summer. She said to apply and we will just see what happens. So I started to fill out the application and I felt prompted to go up stairs and just talk to Dave Ellis, Chief Revenue Officer, since he is the one that was off the position. I went up there and he was free which does not happen that much. Come to find out that not only did it close on Friday but that he was going to send the name in for approval tomorrow. He said that he went in and asked Jeff if he had done it all right and Jeff said, "well who do you have so far." Dave told him three names, which one of them was my manager in sales, Jason Emitt, Ryan Miller, manager over Small End Sales, and I can't remember the third one. And then Jeff said, "what about Craig?" Dave told Jeff that I had shown interest and then nothing. Jeff told him that he knew for sure that I was interested. Dave said that he wanted to meet with me and so we set up a time for 10:30 am tomorrow. Last night I updated my resume and emailed it to him.

This morning Janice and some of her family and Skyler were flying in to take Ty to the MTC. So I had to help Kiera clean up and I was going to take the kids up to Jessica's when Damion Hunter came to pick me up (Kiera had the whole thing planned and my interview messed everything up, but we were able to figure it out).

The interview went well until the end. I showed him several things that I created in Excel for other companies that I worked for and then Dave said, "How can we get more of your time." That took me back because in my mind I was thinking, well just hire me, but I knew that would not have the best results. I just said, "you create it." Then the last sentence he said was, "I have some decisions to make and I have until Friday to make them. If you do not hear from me by Friday you come up and rattle the cage and I will be Ok with it. Just say that I promised to do something and you are not doing it, so fell free to come up and rattle the cage." So between those two comments I am at a loss. I will let you know what come of it.

No comments: