Friday, February 02, 2007

Update on Service

Ever since I decided to serve my wife I have been amazed at how good it makes me feel to serve her. One thing that I observed is that normally if i procrastinate on something like cleaning the house I just rationalize to myself why I should just ignore it and then I ignore it but deep down it still eats at me. I realized that if I just do what I know I should do that it actually feels a lot better and I am much happier.

I think that sin has a similar effect. When we rationalize and then obey the evil one it begins to weigh on us heavily. If we would just change and repent, then our burdens will be lifted and we will be happier and feel free.

I am really thankful for this experience. I think another attitude change that has made all the difference is to really TRY to do all that I can to help my wife as opposed to trying to do just the minimum I can get away with. I will continue to keep you updated on my experience with serving my wife, family and Savior.

No comments: