Saturday, February 24, 2007

We create our Spiritual and Physical Reality

I was really thinking and pondering today about life and why it seems that I reach a comfort level and then not long passes and I feel as if I were in limbo and then I realize that my spiritual guard is down. As I thought about this I was given light which enlarged my understanding and that is that we are the ones that are in control of our Spiritual and physical realities. I am reading the Biography of Parley P Pratt and I remember that before he even heard of the Gospel he left his home and began to teach the principles that he felt strongly about that the other sects lacked. I remember thinking how could he do something so rash and not know to what end he was doing it. I realized that he did it because of his love for his Savior and no other reason, is that not the most noble of reasons. Here I have the fullness of the Gospel and yet I still not directly but deep inside think to myself what is in it for me. I must follow Parleys lead and live the Gospel because of my love of my Savior. When life gets easy or I feel that I am just living, I must take action and not wait for the Lord to command but that I must reach out because of the love of my Savior.

Everyday seems to be hard and Kiera and I watched the Joseph Smith movie in Temple Square and I remember thinking how hard his life was. One time while him and Emma were outside and had just suffered the loss of another child, Emma asked Joseph if he ever thought that the Lord asks too much of people and Josephs answer was just amazing. He said, "I do not allow myself." That is it and yet in those five words carries a message that is applicable in our EVERYDAY LIVES. I know that I can use that sentence in my life when life gets hard or easy I can say to myself that I do not allow myself to feel that my life is too hard or that all is well in Zion. We create our realities and we must create a reality with the love of our Savior in the middle and everything builds around that and not the other way around.

No comments: