Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"Go to the Temple right now!"

This morning I woke up to go to the bathroom and just before I jump into bed I had a distinct thought come into my mind, "Go to the Temple right now!" In my mind I said, "No, I am too tired. I did not get to bed till 12:30 and I am just too tired." I laid down and laid there thinking that in the Book of Mormon the prophets, like Nephi, were commanded to go up into the mountain. Whether it was a mountain or the temple it matters not, even though I know sometimes it was an actual mountain. I thought that if I can not heed the spirits commands to get in my car and drive a few streets down to the Temple, then there is no way that I would of climbed a high mountain. Also, I was taught by the Spirit that the Lord did not wait until Nephi was awake and excited to make the trip to the top of the mountain but that the commands came in times that would try their obedience and faith. I jumped out of bed and went to the Temple (in my new Temple clothes we bought the other day). It was an outstanding session and I felt good all day.

I called my dad later that day and told him about my experience and he told me that he had prayed for me and also prayed that I would go to the Temple today. Well his prayer was answered. I was in the Temple when my dad was praying.

It is just amazing how the Lord works and is so much a part of our lives.

No comments: