Thursday, December 28, 2006

Feed my sheep

The other day I told Alexa (who was at the table eating) that I loved her so much and then she said, "then feed me." This hit me hard because the Savior said similar things to Peter:

John 21:14-17
14 This is now the athird time that Jesus bshewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.
15 ¶ So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, aFeed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, aFeed my bsheep.

The Lord's sheep need us to feed them because they can't feed themselves the Gospel. Some are like my daughter who could eat by herself but asked me to help her if I loved her, and we must help those that need extra help to feast upon the words of Christ and to come unto Him. We have the power of God on our side if we will but go forward.

No comments: