Sunday, December 03, 2006

Flavor of what Judment day will be like

This morning I received a call to meet with the Stake President after church at 4:20 pm. It is hard to explain how I felt and some of the feeling that were going through my mind all day today. I did not feel worthy to meet with the Stake President and it cut me to the core, I felt as if to flee from this interview simply because of how I felt. I know that the way I felt was ridiculous and incorrect for the Lord will qualify whom ever he calls but still I went through this. I felt that I had a glimpse of what the unprepared would feel as they are preparing to interview or to stand before God and their Christ. It is not a feeling that I would recommend, and it came as a call to be better and draw closer to my Savior. I am committing today to make greater efforts to prepare myself and to bring others to prepare themselves as well.

The interview went good, but it was with the second counselor, the President and first counselor got called away on an emergency. It was an interview to get to know me better and I was not very sociable. I tend to have a hard time being sociable and know that I need to work on it especially after today.

This morning before church I felt impressed to give the Stake President my talk on Journey Toward Righteousness. So I told him about my feelings and gave this talk to the second counselor and he said that he would like to read it but that he will give it to the Stake President first and then ask to read it. I was glad that I did this, because back in Arizona when we attended Power Ranch ward I felt to send a copy to my Stake President and did not and always felt bad about it. So now I have acted and it feels great.

No comments: