Thursday, December 14, 2006

Inspiration given to Kiera regarding my Excel Class

I was taking 4 classes this semester: Spanish 102, Healthful Living, Public Speaking, and Excel. Excel was an open entry which means that I have until the last day of class to turn in all the work.
Well, about a week ago we noticed that I had been auto-withdrawn from Excel. I was in the middle of turning in all my finals at that time and was too swamped to think about it and so I had just accepted that I would have to just re-take it next semester. Well, Kiera was feeling just sick about it and so yesterday she called me at work at asked me to call real quick and leave a message with my teacher (she gave me her number) since she would most likely take a while to respond back. I am glad that she had me call right then because she answered. I explained how we noticed that I was auto-dropped from the class and that I would like to have a chance to still get a grade sine the deadline is not till tomorrow. She looked into it and found out that my end date was 11/10 and that the system had given me an extra month to complete it. I told her that I had seen emails that said that my end date was the 15th. Anyway she checked with another group (involved in grading) and said that if I could submit everything by 2:00 pm today that she would accept it. I told her that that was impossible since I was at work until 6:00 pm. She said that they were all going on vacation at 2:00 pm and that was the latest they would accept it. I told her that I could not do and then called Kiera to tell her the bad news. Kiera and I talked and I decided to just try. i left work, called my teacher, and raced home. I had not even opened my book yet. Once I got home around 10:30 am I opened my book and went to town. I was racing the clock. I am good with Excel and so I was not that worried until I found out that I had to use all their concepts data and spreadsheets. With the Lords help I was able to get everything turned in by about 1:45 pm and then she told me that there was a final as well. The final was a three hour final and luckily I was able to finish it in about 14 minutes. I called my teacher to report that I had finished the entire class at 1:59 pm. I could not believe it, I had finished an entire semester in 3 and half hours. To make things better I got a 96% in the class as well.

I am so glad to be married to such a spiritually powerful women. She is so in tune with the Spirit it is amazing. I am also so thankful to Heavenly Father for helping me to focus for those 3 1/2 hrs which is a feet in and of its self, but also to help me to finish on time. It is impossible to overlook His hand and I am indebted to Him for he blesses my life every single day. (He also helped me get a B in Spanish).

No comments: